Saturday, August 11, 2012

Running

So many people have seen me along my route now so I guess it's official. I'm a runner! I'm not a fast runner, not a technically good runner, not a friendly runner nor a very enthusiastically runner. But I still run.
Some days are ok, some are not. My asthma doesn't actually play along with me. But I still hope that in a while my lungs will handle this better. And if my God is for me, then who can ever stop me?

I have to tell you a little bit more about my runs and why I'm not a friendly runner. A couple of days ago my three kids and hubby were at a soccer practice. I did my workout and ran past the soccer field on my way home. I thought they'd already left by then, but I happened to pass in the moment they were about to leave. The kids called me and I waved my hand to them. Then they ran up alongside and started cheering and talking. I felt this great anger and the only thing I saw and heard were these annoying kids. No answer, no smile - only running.

It's sort of funny to see how much being exhausted affects me! We've had a conversation about this and the kids now know that trying to be nice should wait until I finished the run ;-) And we all laugh about how stupid a mom can get while running.
And for me, I'll have to work on being a bit more friendly during my runs. I keep hoping it'll come with me getting fitter, but who knows?

2 comments:

  1. That's it. I run to run, not to talk. :) Not angry, not annoyed, just focused! In my new black running tights:)

    ReplyDelete