Saturday, January 28, 2012

Gymnastics requires some mommy skills

Princess has been asking for months to start a gymnastic class.  Well, two weeks ago she started.
We bought her a pink "leotard" with a little skirt on it from H&M. In a class 7-10 years old (she is still six) she certainly turned out to be the only one wearing a childish outfit like that.
She told me it was perfectly fine with a t-shirt and a pair of leggings, but her eyes twinkled when she talked about the big girl leotards.
I checked the prices and the conclusion was simple: No fancy leotard bought for $80-100. But the leotard was still her desire. Suddenly I got an idea; I could make her one! Fancy that!
Off I went to buy some suitable fabric and accessories. The sewing pattern was going to be the childish leotard we already had.
I quickly figured I had enough fabric for two different kinds of leotards, so I dove in headfirst, cut the fabric and sew it all together.
Both of them ended up a little bit big, but better big than little.

Now Princess is looking forward to her next lesson! Unfortunately I can't go with her and take her pictures, I have to work instead...
But here are some pics from tonight:




1 comment:

  1. Så flink du er! Ble kjempebra! Jeg kjøpte forresten ganske billig turndrakt i "voksen" stil til Johanne på e-bay :-) (men på turninga der hun går har de fleste singlet og tights eller "dansebukser").

    ReplyDelete