Sunday, April 3, 2011

Cross-country skiing on a bright sunny day

Could this possibly be the very last time we go skiing this winter?
46-48 degrees fahrenheit (8-9 C) is quite warm for the shade. The sun was warm as on an average summer day.





 

In our backpack was ingredients for a campfire and pizzas(calzones).
7.5 miles (12km) of nice tracks layed before us. It was ment to be good. And it sure was.
But yes, I am afraid this was the last skiing this winter. The snow is melting, days are getting warmer and spring is knocking on the door. I don't know if I'm ready yet. I love this part of the winter so much. Days are longer and brighter, it's not too cold and it just makes me feel good.


Emptying a can of corn while waiting for the pizza to bake.




Fresh baked pizza from the campfire.


To keep alive a Californian tradition, we made frozen bananas when we came home. It's hilarious to se how much the kids love the chocolate covered bananas! But of course I forgot to capture the moment on film :(

2 comments:

  1. Herlig:-D fint drikkebelte frøkna har;-) kom det til nytte?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jepp, ho var stålende fornøyd, og gutta vil også ha :D

    ReplyDelete