Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The mom got to use her brain today!

Wow!
I never learned this. It's not always easy to do my kids homework - not even to me.
Today it was all about Antonyms.
They have this puzzle to complete using the antonym of the boldface words in the sentences below:

The meat in the dish is cooked
Do you think that raccoon is tame?
Susan is always early to school.
My grandmother is very sick.
Everyone who is going on the trip is absent.
A vacant house is a very safe place to play.
This has been the best day of my life.
My brother never finishes the food on his plate.
The children were very noisy today.
Chrissy wore a very fancy dress today.
There are so few fish in the aquarium.
The water is very shallow at this end of the pool.
These pants feel too tight.
Will you lead me trough the spook house?
The grass is very wet this morning.

Nope - it wasn't easy to me, but the kids could do all of them except absent and fancy. Now they know the antonyms of all the words - for a while at least ;-)
Do you know them?

3 comments:

  1. The antonym of fancy? I'd have to look it up - and I teach English!

    ReplyDelete
  2. føler meg fryktelig blond akkurat nå ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ja, jeg måtte også slå opp den, Mamma Sol! Nå vet jeg at det er plain :) Det er vel meningen å kunne bruke disse gutta som lærere i engelsk når vi kommer hjem, kanskje? *flirer*

    ReplyDelete