Thursday, May 20, 2010

The advise of today.

For those of you who want to leave your cars for a while, I have an advise.
Turn the headlights off. That will make it all so much easier when you come back.

I felt really blond today when my car didn't even crank and I had to ask a man for help to jumpstart it. It turned out to be even more embarrassing because he had to call another friend nearby with the jumper cable.
Do you have a jumper cable in your car? Do you know how to use it?
The two of them were making fun of this blond lady, but they made my day!

Maybe I made their day too?
Wether I did or not, I'll make sure I turn my headlights off tomorrow!

And here's how to do it:
1. Connect one red clamp to the positive terminal of the dead battery.
2. Connect the other red clamp to the positive terminal of the good battery.
3. Connect one black clamp to the negative terminal of the good battery.
4. Connect the other black clamp to a piece of grounded metal that is attached to the engine on the dead car. As a last resort, you may connect to the negative post of the dead battery, but this risks a gas leak.

Start the working car. Start the none working car ;-)

Remove the jumper cable when the car starts. Do this in the reverse of the order in which they were attached.
Make sure that none of the cables or clamps touch each other.

2 comments:

  1. Men Grethe!!!
    Startkabler, pumpe, hansker, slepetau, skum, jekk, alt sånt har man i bilen!! Måtte senest hjelpe til med start på en bil i helga - og jeg vet hvordan jeg bruker startkabler!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ja, jeg vet også hvordan jeg bruker dem :)

    ReplyDelete