Wednesday, March 28, 2012

We have all the rain gear there is, but sunshine is lurking around the corner!

I can't remember one singel day the last three weeks with no rain or snow.
That means we have had our pools and puddles in the backyard. But now it seems the ground is getting used to it and sucks it all up.
We don't have showers of rain - this has been one big never ending shower of rain!
Every morning the choice is easy. We choose rain boots, rain coats, and rain pants. Mittens should be waterproof.

No problem jump roping in the rain and puddles!

Water in the bucket is always a success!

Water guns can be lots of fun also on colder days!


But suddenly in the middle of all the rain and all the gloomy days some sun shows up anyway!

Like today when my two 10 year olds came home from school. One of them jumping into my lap and telling me how much he loves me! And both of them being so full of smile and hugs, so full of happiness and warmth. Wow this seriously is sunshine in my life!

Or my little nephew running toward me and totally embracing me with his little arms when I come to pick them up!

Or what about my princess not stopping hugging me when I tell her goodnight!

And last but not least my youngest nephew laughing on the top of his lungs because I make some funny sounds at the dinner table!

I have so much sunshine in my life though the rain keeps pouring down here. And ok, I'll admit I would like some sunny days, but I can live for quite a long time with the sunshine the kids give me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment