Saturday, December 3, 2011

I probably told you the same a year ago ;-)

I love advent!

I love all the smells that remind me of my childhood and of course of Christmas.
I love to do with my kids what I used to do when I was little.
I love to make new traditions that are ours, that my kids hopefully will continue with their kids.
I love the way we've found a solution for the advent calendar. I so much want my kids to count their blessing as a count down for Christmas, not their things. This month shouldn't be all about getting another little gift.
I'm sure our kids know we love them more than anything despite not getting presents until Christmas Eve.
So how do we solve this challenge when our kids already have one of these cloth calendars with twenty four rings on them each?

Every day there is a rolled paper note for each of them hanging on their calendars. The note says something about what kind of activity the family is doing together today.

December 1st: We're finding our wooden manger scene and putting it in a nice spot. (Now it sits next to the TV ;-)  )

December 2nd: Treasure hunt. They looked around the house for ten clues to find the treasure hidden in the laundry room. The treasure was the dinner ingredients and we made the dinner together.

December 3rd: Baking ginger breads. And so we did :)



3 comments:

  1. Så koseleg adventskalendar de har! Eg er sikker på at ungane kjem til å ha det gøy med den. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Takk for det, Ida - og nå har du inspirert meg, så i på mandag skal vi greie å presse inn i tidsskjemaet noen snøkrystaller :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Herlig innlegg og flotte bilder! =)

    ReplyDelete