Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Not winter yet

This time one year ago, we'd already had lasting snow for about a month. But not this year. It's still sort of warm weather. We wear regular sneakers and shell jackets every day.


It feels like the fall has lasted for a decade - that's a lot longer than usual.
Don't get me wrong! I love the fall - this is one of the most beautiful seasons, and it's wonderful not to freeze too much all the time. I love the possibilities for hiking and little trips that comes with the leaf covered grounds. I just wish I had more time for loving the nature, more time to spend outdoors.  But working some fifty hours a week on average and lots of weekends doesn't go too well with being an outdoors person. Sometimes I even have to come home from work Sunday night and just look at the pics from one of the family trips I was not a part of.
There has been no canoeing this fall and no camping so far, but i still am hoping for a camping. Maybe this weekend - I don't work until Sunday morning this time.
After setting our clocks to standard time again days are becoming shorter. No doubt the winter draws nearer, but so far I enjoy the fall as much as I can. This really is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment